LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
Oscar calleja ruiz joins Michael & Jonathan from Madrid for this episode. Oscar is the Global Director of External Channels and led the Global Digital Transformation effort for Santander Bank. Topics covered include:
- The history of the 2008 Spanish Great depression, housing bubble, the European economy
- EU central banking reactions to the Covid-19 crisis
- End to issuances of bond offering via blockchain technology
- Has digital transformation given international banks more efficiency and a huge competitive edge over US banks?
- Banks leveraging digital to provide superior services to end clients
- Central bank digital currencies in the EU and resetting the flaws in existing member nation currency policies
- International monetary fund SDRs and EU member nations, whether the World Bank have a role to play
Another great episode with an international perspective.